eemn missions & prayer blog
Bookmark this page and check back here often, as it will provide the most recent EEMN news, world missions updates, and prayer requests.
Dear Prayer Partners,
With the end of camp today the team said "good-bye" to the children and Latvian staff. This is hard aswe all know it will be at least a year before we see each other again. There were lots of hugs andexchanging of gifts.This second year of camp here in Latvia at the "White Church" went very well. We had 40 children, themaximum number the Fellowship Hall could accommodate. The camp filled with many returning fromlast year and without much advertising. As a result of last year's camp the Sunday School at the WhiteChurch doubled in size.Summer and its heat came to Latvia today. The young children meeting in the hot upstairs rooms spentmost of the afternoon doing outside activities.Each class participated in the Closing Ceremony The youngest two groups sang songs and said thetheme Bible verse. The two middle aged groups presented dramas depicting some segment of Joseph'slife. The oldest group began the program by presenting an overview of all they had learned aboutJoseph's life this week.Many parents or other family members attended the closing ceremony. Martins Irbe, pastor of theWhite Church, said he was pleased to see so many parents in attendance and said he did not recognizethe majority of them. So the camp is reaching the community not just the member of the church.After the closing ceremony, the Latvian staff put on quite the "spread" for the American team. We hadgrilled chicken and sausages, fresh veggies, fresh fruit, dessert just to name a few of the items thatcovered the table.The team has a free day tomorrow to tour around Riga. The Team flies back to the USA early Sundayexcept for Bob, Donna and Jim who will travel to Slovakia for camps that start in 10 days.
1. For the wonderful week of camp and the team's opportunity to share Christ's love.
2. For the opportunity to witness to many parents and other family members during the closingceremony.
3. For the dedicated Latvian staff who were so helpful in making this camp possible.
1. That the seeds planted this week will continue to be watered. That more children will come toSunday School at the White Church.
2. Safe travels for the team members returning to the United States and for those going on to Slovakia.
The 2012 Latvia Team